Thursday 30 November 2017

A Tale of 2 Admirals - Whyarecarrots' Month 1

Month 1 - COMPLETED



Read on for more about this month, and plans for the month ahead.

A brief recap

For those who have not seen the introduction thread (which can be found here),  the goal of this Tale is for me and Firestorm Falcon to clear our backlogs of unpainted Dystopian Wars miniatures. I have pledged to paint 400 points a month for the next 6 months (with 1 "joker" month allowed if I miss my target) to clear that backlog. The tale started at the beginning of November, which means that we are now at the end of month 1.

The month 1 pledge

For my first month I pledged to paint:
  • 3 Grom Class Gunnery Blimps - 240 points
  • 5 Szabla Class Light Interceptors - 125 Points
  • 6 SAS tokens - 30 points
And this has been done! All in all a relatively straightforward month. I found the Groms very easy to paint and had them done within the first week of the month. The rest took a little bit longer, simply because I was procrastinating about starting painting, however all was done in good time to get this post up.

On to the pictures!

A Grom Class Gunnery Blimp - the PLC's aerial cruisers

The squadron together


5 Szabla Interceptors
Very sleek models, as befitting their role as fast aerial hunters
The new SAS tokens, along with others in the fleet (which I hadn't actually shown on this blog yet!)

The pledge for month 2

For December, I am aiming to paint the following:
  • 1 Zamiec Class Sky Fortress - 190 points
  • 3 Brandtaucher Class Submarines - 210 points
Total: 400 points









Next update post for the tale will be up on 1 January, hangover be damned!

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment