Thursday 12 October 2017

Welcome, to the start of many things (hopefully)

A brief history and a look ahead


Hello all, and welcome to the first of what I hope will be many posts on this blog, covering my various forays in and around the hobby of miniature wargaming. I have spread photographs of my painting around various forums over the years, but thought it would be good to get everything into once place. This blog will therefore contain a lot of older painting, much of which is better than what I'm doing now thanks to a 4 year hiatus from the hobby: I still haven't quite got back to the level that I feel I was at.

So without further ado, a quick sneak-peak of what you are likely to see on this blog.

Warhammer Fantasy:
Wood-Elves (Painted 2007-2008)


High-Elves (Painted 2005-2009)

Bretonians (Painted 2009-2015)


Chaos - a somewhat abortive project admittedly... (Painted 2008)

Warhammer 40k:

Eldar (Painted 2006-2007)
Infinity: 
Nomads (Painted 2015)
Pan-Oceania (Painted 2015)

Dystopian Wars:
Prussian Empire (Painted 2015-2017, repainted since this photo)


Firestorm Armada:
Terran Alliance (Painted 2015-2017)


Looking forwards, I have several plans for what I am going to show on this blog:
    • Retrospectives of my old projects. A lot of the above photos are quite old, so I am keen to dust off some of the old models and take some decent photos.
    • Full army shots of everything previewed above. Fair bit of overlap with the retrospectives, but a lot of the current projects (Infinity, Dystopian Wars, Firestorm Armada) has a lot more to show.
    • A Tale of 2 Admirals. A planned project with a good friend of mine to clear our Dystopian Wars painting backlog by painting a set amount each month. These posts will also include battle reports of the few games we manage to get.
    • Any new projects that happen to turn up.
    • A way to improve the formatting of this blog....

Well, that's all for now. This has been a long time coming, and now I just need to keep it up!

Thanks for looking - please feel free to leave any comments below.


No comments:

Post a Comment