Monday 28 May 2018

A Tale of 2 Admirals - Whyarecarrots' Month 6

Month 6 - COMPLETED



Painting success, blog posting failure... More after the jump!



A brief recap


For those who have not seen the introduction thread (which can be found here),  the goal of this Tale is for me and Firestorm Falcon to clear our backlogs of unpainted Dystopian Wars miniatures. I have pledged to paint 400 points a month over 6 months (with 1 "joker" month allowed if I miss my target) to clear that backlog. The tale started at the beginning of November, which means that we are now at the end of month 6, and the end of my tale.

Month 6 painting

For month 6 (originally month 5...) I pledged to paint the following:
  • 1 Konigsberg Class Battlecruiser - 110 points
  • 4 Magni Class Assault Skyships - 120 points
  • 4 Lahn Class Destroyers - 160 points

Total: 390 points.

After a complete failure to paint anything Dystopian Wars related in March, I managed to get all of the above finished in April with relative ease. To be honest, the end of this tale has come about at quite a good time, as other projects are starting to take over more of my time, and I have become a little bit frustrated with some of the rules-set's failings, combined with the fact that I can only get a game every 3 months or so.

Further rambling to follow, but for now, photos!

4 Lahn class destroyers.
Light ships equipped with tesla harpoon launchers, these things pack a punch.
4 Magni class assault airships
Unarmed except for a lot of mines (the sculptors clearly didn't get that message...) I imagine they will be tricky to use.
Konigsberg class battlecruiser.
A Prussian ship originally, this one is on loan to the Kingdom of Denmark.


The final month as a whole.

Everything painted over the last 6 months - not too shabby if I do say so myself!


So what's next?

The quiet-ness of this blog hasn't been because I haven't been painting anything, in fact it's quite the opposite. I have made good progress on my DFC fleet, and having discovered an active Infinity group at my local store I have been doing a lot of painting getting an Infinity army ready for an escalation league starting next month.

I have been considering whether to carry on with the Tale in spirit by setting myself monthly painting targets, but at the moment I've decided not to formalise the painting like that - this may change! However expect slightly more regular updates, with some posts on DFC and Infinity painting, as well as some musing about the upcoming escalation league.

On the Dystopian Wars front, my backlog has now been cleared to the extent that it's just some terrain and a pair of Apollo support carriers. With no sign of a game coming up over the next few months these last bits are very much at the back of the queue, meaning that (until there's anything new from Warcradle) my three Dystopian Wars fleets are now "finished"... in as far as any hobby project is ever truly finished.

But for now, thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment