Sunday 23 September 2018

Infinity - More Japanese!

Reinforcements are here
Look at this absolute unit...

Apparently memes are how to stay relevant these days... (I'm not even sorry).

The Daiyokai Dengekitai

The unit in question is this rather large gentleman. I have mentioned in recent blog posts that my painting style has become a bit more abrupt in the way I highlight - this means models stand out more, but aren't as smooth as they could be. I wanted to see what would happen if I combined the two extremes, by highlighting to more vibrant colours, while also taking time to smoothly blend highlights. The Daiyokai seemed like the ideal candidate to try this out on, as the largest and most imposing model in the JSA range. 12 or so hours of painting later, and this is the result. I am honestly very pleased:


I tried something new on the swords and really like the effect.
The turquoise is much more present here than on other models in the army...
... something that will be replicated on other heavy infantry.

I have also managed to finish another few models from the JSA army box:


Ryuken Unit-9 with SMG
Having never watched Ghost in the Shell, I think I'm missing a reference here...
Ryuken Unit-9 with heavy rocket launcher
While this isn't a bad model, I think I prefer the old Raiden model.
Oniwaban.
This is one of my favourite models from the JSA box - there's just so much movement to it.
The obligatory group shot

I have recently acquired a box of the old Haramaki from eBay, so expect them to be painted up at some point. I am also working on putting together some terrain for Infinity - blog post should follow on that in due course.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment